Wednesday 18 September 2013

Home Learning Time!

It was great to see so many of you in the talk this morning, thank you for coming along and I hope that I answered the questions that you had. If there is anything else then just grab me for a chat at some point.

Just a few points raised this morning;
-Mathletics levels will be set over the next week. The children get a chance to go on to mathletics on a Monday and so are getting to know how to use this. I have had a number of children come in and tell me about their point scores already which is great!
-Reading Eggs is a completely new resource to the children and myself, this will be used increasingly in our timetable so the children will be able to explore and get used to using it. With regards to slowing down some of the games, the honest answer is that I am not sure that it can be adjusted but I will find out!

Today in Science I was very impressed with the children's knowledge of electricity and how easily they worked in pairs to make circuits (some with even a switch!). Mrs Webb will be cooking some scrumptious carrot and mixed spice squares with the children this week. We have also been practising our Harvest Song which is really upbeat!

Home learning time:

I would like the children to take a picture(s) of places in Dorset that they might like to put in an information text. We are going to be sending some children in India a leaflet on Dorset, so we need some great places that the children can talk about. What makes our county so special? Where do does your child like to visit? I would like a range of pictures so that the children can choose some for their own leaflet.

How to get the pictures to me:
-The best way to collect these pictures would be off of a USB stick, so the picture could be taken on a camera, ipad, tablet or phone and then downloaded on to a computer and placed on a USB. By doing this I have a electronic copy of the photos.
-Emailing the photo(s) to me would also be ok, I could then download them on to a stick.
-Or if you are unable to take an actual picture then a downloaded one off of the internet would also be fine.

Although it would be great to see the children at their favourite spots in Dorset, if you could possible take two pictures (one with the children in and one without) then other children can use the pictures in their work.

I cannot wait to see some of the great places that everyone likes to visit or that you think of when you think of our picturesque county. If you could get all pictures to me by Tuesday 24th September that would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment