Tuesday 12 January 2021

Mr. MacBean hopes that you enjoyed today's work.

Dear Year Two (children and Mums and Dads),

I hope that you all had a happy and successful day using the learning activities and videos that I have put onto the 'Distant Learning' platform. So how did it go? I hope that you have managed to click on the right bits to access the different things that are there.

Three points:

1. I have put lots and lots of things on the system. Don't worry if you don't finish it all. Really...don't.

2. When using the videos, remember that you can pause at any time (to work something out, to have a break etc). Of course, they can also be replayed if necessary. The videos are not very polished performances,- I would, however, prefer to offer as much video support for as many lessons as possible. Hopefully the quality is adequate to prove useful to you. I think that I will get better at doing these with practice, and when I get used to pressing the right buttons etc (We'll see!)

3. When using the recordings of me reading 'Danny Champion of the World' and the question activities that go with these sessions, children will need to find a way of engaging in this activity in a way that is meaningful to them; - for some children this will be reading along with me in your own book as I read, for others it might be just sitting back, listening and enjoying the story (with the option of looking at the questions with Mum or Dad if possible). It's a very popular story so hopefully you'll all enjoy it.

Do let me know how you are getting on, particularly if you can give me advice on how to improve things.

I love seeing your work and so do Mrs. Bishop and Mr. Spracklen so please do send things in for us to see.

Finally, a quick note to 'key-worker children' who are coming into school, please remember to bring all your work in with you (from the packs provided) every day that you come to school.

Many thanks for your support,

Duncan MacBean

No comments:

Post a Comment